If you have not already read our Email Signature tutorial you really should. Providing contact information in each and every email you send is not only a free way to promote your business or website it helps to receiver of the email to contact you via other means.
In this tutorial we will create an email signature using Yahoo! Mail.
Updated January 2012 to reflex the new Yahoo! Mail settings.
Create an Email Signature in Yahoo! Mail
- Log into your Yahoo! email account.
- Click the down arrow beside the Options link in the top left of the screen and select Mail options.
Screen will change to the Mail Options screen with Signature screen selected.
- On the right at the top there is a dropdown list where you can select:
- Don’t use a signature
You can use this to turn off inserting a signature to your Yahoo! Mail emails.
- Show a plain text signature
A plain text signature does not have any formatting. Some of the people or email groups you belong to may only accept plain text messages (including signatures) so this maybe the safest selection so everyone can see your email signature information.
- Show a rich text signature
A formatting toolbar appears when you select this option.
Select this option if you wish to include an image in your signature and use formatting for your signature. Remember that those who have their email software set to text only plus some of your email groups will not allow your formatting and images to render (be seen).
- Don’t use a signature
- In the empty text box type the information you wish to have in your email signature.
Click in the checkbox beside Add signature to all outgoing mail under the text box where you just typed your email signature.This option has been removed from the screen. You either include a signature or not now.
- As you move away from this screen by clicking one of the other links on the left of the screen or one of the tabs at the top your signature is saved.
Now you have an email signature that will be added to each email you compose. Let’s try it out.
Test Email Signature in Yahoo! Mail
If you have done everything correctly, each emai you now create will have your email signature.
- Click the Compose button in the top left of the Yahoo! Mail screen’s left navigation bar.
The screen will change to an empty email with your signature automatically inserted.
- Test your email signature by sending yourself a test message.
Fill in the To (another email address you have), Subject (how about Testing Yahoo! Mail Signature) and body of the email.
- Click Send in the top left corner of the center section.
Now, pick up the email you just sent to yourself to see how it turned out. If it needs improvement, just repeat the steps above and send yourself another test email from your Yahoo! Mail account.
That’s it! Now each email you send from you Yahoo! Mail account will include your email signature.