In Web Browser History we discussed why you might want to clear the web browser history of your browser. In Firefox Web Browser History we discussed how to set up Firefox to limit the amount of web browsing history kept by Firefox.
In this article we are going to cover how to clear the web browser history in Firefox without closing the browser. This technique would be useful while building a website or blog and testing the links contained in the page(s).
To Clear Web Browser History in Firefox:
- Click Tools in the top menu bar of Firefox.
- Select Options from the list that appears.
The Options dialog box appears.
- Make sure the Privacy section is selected from the list on the left.
- On the right of the Options dialog box you will History with a plus sign in front of it. Click the plus sign.
A box appears with “Remember visited pages for the last” visible and a Clear button on the right.
- Click the Clear button.
- Click Ok to save your changes and exit the Options dialog box.
Now, when you or someone else views the History in Firefox the list of sites visited will be empty. Once the browser is reopened or if you continue to surf after clearing the web browser history the web browser history list is rebuilt.
Revised: January 22, 2006